Last Sunday morning our minister preached a sermon that totally changed my heart!! He preached about words and your tongue and how they can affect EVERY single aspect in your life!! I have heard about the "Taming of the tongue" my whole life, but something that Wayne said on Sunday truly touched me!! I love my little family and I praise God for them everyday, but also each day, I find myself losing patience and say something to one of them (usually my precious husband:)) that I immediately wish I hadn't said!! Please don't get me wrong, I am not a yeller! :) I don't scream at them or say mean things to them, or demean them in any way...but at times I do take a harsh or impatient tone with them, that they absolutely don't deserve!!
In the sermon on Sunday, Wayne shared with us Matthew 12:36-37 "36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. 37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
This verse states that on the day of judgement, I will be held accountable for every single careless word I say!!! HOLY COW!!!! I say a LOT of careless words...probably totally unintentionally, but if I don't take my thoughts captive and make each word truly COUNT, someday I will stand before the Throne and He will ask me about each of these accounts!!! WOW!! That is certainly something that I need to think about every minute of the day...and every time I open my mouth!!! Eeek!! :):)
I have thought about this verse over and over again this past week! It has held me accountable for many conversations that I have held with several friends! I only want Truth and love to pour out of my heart and my mouth, but that is going to take me being intentional about what I think about and what I say!!! I pray that God will continue to use His Words to resignate in my heart and change me!!
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalms 19:14
No comments:
Post a Comment