Friday, March 18, 2011

Thoughts

Today I am feeling so thankful and so sad all at the same time!! Our dear friends, the Owens family lost their dad in a horrible car accident almost 4 years ago, and today is his birthday!! There are six kiddos and they are truly 6 of the coolest people I know!! They are all SO much alike and also totally different!! Its actually hilarious to watch them all "in action!" :) I have been so blessed to be a part of their lives for a long time, it is a true blessing to have lifelong friends and to be friends with the whole family!! As I talked with Amber this morning (she is second in command:)) we just talked about some of her favorite memories of her dad!! He was a Godly man, very strong and passionate about God and His Word! He raised his family to know, follow and love God!! He has left quite a legacy behind and he is SO missed!! Not a day goes by that at least one of the Owens clan talks about him, or references something he said!! They are an AWESOME family and I am SO thankful for their presence in my life!! I REJOICE with them that he is now in heaven and I too look forward to seeing him someday! But I am SO saddened by the loss of his life!! I guess it is a good reminder that life is so short, you never know when God will call us home!! I struggle with this...there is so much I want to do and see! Mostly I long to watch my children grow up and become amazing adults!! I long to live life with Wyatt forever...to celebrate birthday after birthday and anniversary after anniversary together!! I want to enjoy family vacations and watch my kiddos excel in all of the areas that God has blessed them!! I want to stand for God, loving and serving and honoring Him in every aspect of my life!!

Today also reminds me how thankful I am for my family!! They are so loving and kind, and they have shown me Jesus my whole life! On days like today, it seems ridiculous that I get so annoyed with them at times!! What is my problem?!?! My family is a tight knit group...we love each other a whole lot and we know one another pretty well! :) We are a family that loves to hang out together, we have family night every single Thursday night! Thursdays are our nights to just be together!! It doesn't really matter what we are doing or where we are at... we just want to be together!! My kiddos and I eat lunch with my mom every Tuesday!! She calls me each Tuesday morning and we decide where we are going to go...M and Z and I LOVE Tuesdays!!! We are so blessed by our family, who lives life for God! My mom and dad are awesome examples of His love and grace, and I will forever cherish the time they have invested in my little family and I!! I am SO thankful!!!!

1 comment:

catrina said...

I agree.... it also crossed my mind how greatful and thankful I am to still have Dad and our entire family!! I love you sis and I'm SO glad we are raising our kiddos together!!!