Thursday, March 31, 2011

A rant...kind of!! :)

Have you ever been around a woman or a group of ladies that are always trying to one up each other!? You know, one of them is bragging about how brilliant her children are, so the next woman starts talking about how her kids are involved in this gifted program and her kiddos are even too smart for that group! Then another woman chimes in with how much money her husband makes, so then the other two have to talk about all of the expensive things they own or their hugey-big house or the extravagant vacations they have planed for this summer!?

WOW!! That's about all I can say!!! I have been around a few of these ladies over the past few days and weeks and months and it absolutely makes me SAD!! GOD has BLESSED us all in COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ways, so it is absolutely not fair to compare ourselves to others!! We are ALL different because GOD MADE US THAT WAY!!! God made us uniquely different because He has a specific purpose for each of us as women, as wives, as mommies... as daughters... as friends!!! ! Trust me ladies, this is something I have to pray against also! I am pretty proud of my family too, but I want to be JOY-filled for others!!! :) I want my husband to know that I am proud of him for how hard he works for our family! I want to be full of JOY for him when he gets home each day! I want my kiddos to know that I am always excited for them whenever they are excited about something!! I want to be the friend that people talk to about new stuff, because they KNOW I will be excited for them!!
This verse kept coming to my mind this afternoon as I was praying about this and asking God to rid my heart of selfish ambitions!!

Philippians 2:1-11
"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility, value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the GLORY of God the Father!"


I feel like this is pretty cut and dry!!! I will be the first person to admit that I don't always think of others first, but I try! I want to live my life for Christ!! I want HIM to be glorified in all that we do as a family!! I want to glorify Him in all that I do as a woman, wife and mommy!! I want to set a Godly example for my children, especially my daughter! I want her to listen to others with a happy heart and be JOY-filled when something awesome happens for one of her friends, instead of being jealous and pouting!! I think it is RIDICULOUS that grown up women POUT!! COME ON LADIES, put on your big girl panties and GROW UP!!!! Life isn't always fair and sometimes hard things happen, but we have a God who LOVES us and takes care of us...He NEVER loses sight of us, and if we are praying His will for our lives we will see Him in everything that we do!

P.S. SO sorry for the rant...I am not usually so grumpy, but sometimes things just get to me!! :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Amanda said...

Amen sister!!! I really have about no tolerance for this kind of behavior anymore! You don't sound grumpy by the way...just speaking it as it is! Preach on sister! :) By the way, I loved the verse you shared at Bible study yesterday...do you remember where it was?
Amanda

Libby said...

Well said, Christina!