Monday, January 16, 2012

Being Consistent!

For those of you who have little kiddos, you KNOW that consistency is key!!!! Consistency in disciplining, consistency with teaching manners, consistency with staying in bed, consistency with you-name-it-you-must-be-consistent-with-it!!! I have never really thought about having consistency with anything other than my kiddos!! (Isn't that funny!?!:)) But as usual, God is teaching me that I need to be consistent in EVERYTHING that I am doing!! :) Here are a few lessons that I am learning!! :)

**God wants me to have consistency with Him! He wants my time every morning! He wants to hear my voice as I pray to Him each time!! He loves when I spend time with Him, just He and I! I DO spend time with Him each day, but it isn't consistently!!!! Now I don't think that God is taking score, but I KNOW in my heart that He wants more of my time, which I am happy to spend with Him!! Consistency!!

**I need to be consistent in my relationship with my amazing husband!! We have a pretty amazing relationship, and I am SO thankful for it!! He "gets" me in every way and I "get" him in every way!! We can pretty much tell exactly what the other is thinking...about 99% of the time!! What an incredible BLESSING our marriage is to me!! :) I guess what I mean is, that I need to be consistently thinking about ways to encourage and love on Wyatt!! I am so thankful that he is exactly who he is and knowing that his love languages are different than mine, I need to be consistent in making sure I am loving on him the way HE needs to be taken care of!! Consistency!

**I need to continually be consistent with my precious kiddos!! Never could I have imagined how MUCH I would love them!! :):) They truly are the JOY of my life!! And, they are really good kiddos, but with them being the ages that they are...consistency is KEY!! I want to be a mommy that they can count on and I want to have rules that they can count on!! :) Consistency!!

**I want to be consistent with my friends!! I am so thankful for the dear friends that God has placed in my life and I want to be consistent with the friendships that we share!! This means I need to get better about calling to check in...sending cards, and just getting good one-on-one time!! Friendships are so precious and I want to be a consistent...all-the-time friend!! Consistency!!

I am so thankful that God is consistent with me!! I am learning and growing and being challenged every day and I KNOW it is because of His love and grace!! Thank you Father for your consistency with me!!!!!

No comments: