*This is my disclaimer! I am not a perfect person! As I type this, I am reminding myself of who I want to be and who I stand for!! It is so easy to get sidetracked in the busy-ness of life!!*
Friendships are hard, aren't they?! People's seasons of life are always changing (mine included)!! People are always having babies, moving to new houses, trying out different churches, moving away, starting school, etc! It is hard to keep up with people!! I have always believed that in order to HAVE good friends, you must BE a good friend!! I have tried so hard to be a good friend to people!! Of course, it is so important to know that all friendships look different, and it is fun to see what works is each friendship!! But, none-the-less, friendships are hard!!! I hate that many people, girls especially, are ok with gossip!! REALLY!? Don't we realize that gossip HURTS people, and that eventually it will get back to the person that it is about?! I have had my fair share of being a gossip, and I am not proud of those times!! But once I became an adult, I starting thinking A LOT about the words that I say to people...and about people!!! I wouldn't ever want to hurt someone intentionally!! I may have a venting session with my bestie or my husband, but I pray that those hurt words that pour from my mouth will be held in confidence and prayed over, NOT spread around!!! As I was thinking and praying through this today, I found these verses!! I love what these verses say!! Wow!
"A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret."
"A perverse person stirs up conflict, and a gossip separates close friends."
Proverbs 20:19
"A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid anyone who talks too much."
"A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid anyone who talks too much."
Don't we realize that GOD hates gossip!?! My dad always used to tell my sister and I this when we were younger and I never understood what it meant! NOW, I get it!! I have been hurt by gossip lately!! I know that this chatter was never meant for my ears, but be assured!!!!!! If someone is willing to talk TO YOU about someone, KNOW that they are willing to TALK ABOUT YOU to someone else!!! And, sometimes you are on the side of being talked about!! We never expect for things to be on the other side, do we?! And, usually it is just one or two people that are unhappy with where they are at that enjoy chatting! Well, I am DONE!!!
I really have a great group{s} of friends!! I am surrounded by love and encouragement!! I am SO thankful for where God has led us over the past few years!! I am really careful about who I trust! Getting hurt time and time again, makes for a pretty thick skin!! So, when I find those dear friends, I stick to them pretty tight!! I have to say that one of these women is my mom!! I am amazed at God's graciousness in blessing me with her!! She knows me and understands me so well!! She lets me talk without interruption and is always willing to gently tell me when I am wrong (or right for that matter!!:)) She is SO precious to me and I am so thankful for the friendship we share!!!
So, ALL of this to say!! I am thankful for a God of grace and peace!! Without Him, I would be a mess!! (Well even more of a mess!:)) I am thankful for His promise of new mercies each morning and of forgiveness!! I am so thankful for a loving husband who knows me SO well!! I am thankful for dear, sweet friends!!! Friends that have been, and will continue to be there for me NO MATTER what!!
{And, as I hit the send button, my stomach hurts!!}
No comments:
Post a Comment