Friday, March 26, 2010

SO PRECIOUS!!!!

Tonight I was making dinner for the family and it got really quiet! I finished up our baked ziti, (Wyatt's favorite) put it in the oven and went to investigate, worrying about what I might find!!! I peeked into Zack's room, then the play room, and then I heard it!! Maddie and Zack were sitting in her room, both in her chair (it is a pink over stuffed chair, really only comfortable for one child) and she was reading books to him!! Ok, so she wasn't reading the actual words, but she knew they book so well, she was telling him about the pictures and actions! :):) It was ABSOLUTELY the most precious thing I have ever seen!!! When I walked in, she said "Hi mommy, Broder and I are reading books!" It was so cute! She is such a good sister and he is such a precious little brother!! :)

It has been so hard at times having them so close in age, but after seeing them this week, I think they are going to be the BEST of friends!! At McDonald's on Thursday, they had several friends there to play with, and they did play with their friends, BUT they played together first and always kept an eye on the other! Then at the park on Wednesday, they held hands and Maddie helped Zack down the slide and "caught" him each time!!! I am so thankful for my son and daughter and for the J-O-Y they bring to my life! I am so thankful that God's grace covers us! :) I am such a proud mommy of two!!! :):)

2 comments:

catrina said...

Aunt Tre-Tre LOVES them too!!!!! They are SO precious and priceless. I'm thankful they are my niece and nephew!!!!

Katie said...

I LOVE it! They will be best friends for life. What a blessing for them!