What a week it has been!! A blessed week, a joyful week, and certainly a week to celebrate, but what a week!! :) Happy Birthday Max Powell Ramsey! Max is my new nephew! He was born at 11:15 this morning weighing in at 6 pounds and 15 ounces. He is a beautiful baby boy! He has dark hair and beautiful eyes!! I have never loved a tiny person so much! He captured my heart the second he was born! I cannot even begin to imagine what a joy he will be in our lives. I had the honor of sitting with his new mom and dad (Nick and Katie Ramsey) last night and this morning as they anxiously anticipated his arrival. We kept taking bets on when he was going to be born. Whoever won, we bet, would be treated to Cold Stone Creamery. (We all LOVE CSC!!:)) Well none of us won (and we bet like 5 times,) but he is here and he is healthy and I love him so much.
I was a little nervous when Katie called last night just as we were leaving for family group to say, "Max is on his way, can you come?" I was thinking, "Whoa, back that buggy up, what do you mean he is on his way? Stop him, he is too early, there is still so much to be done!" However, when we arrived at the hospital we waked into the Labor and Delivery room and found two of the most excited people there, I was reminded that God's timing is always perfect. Nick was beaming with excitement and Katie was glowing with anticipation. We had so much fun talking about what Max was going to look like, and when he would come. After a few minutes of stress, an epidural (for Katie, not Nick, Wyatt or I,:)), a rousing round of "Friends" trivia, a lot of waiting, even more laughter, and a ton of ice chips later, Max is here! It was such a joyful experience, it was such an honor to be there with them watching their joy come alive!! Thank you Father for having perfect timing in all circumstances!! We love you and are so thankful for the blessings you give us!
1 comment:
It is so nice to have people hanging out with you in the hospital!! What a blessing the hours you spend with them were. To keep their minds off "waiting" and the joy of life and time.
Congrats on the new baby, OH How beautiful Baby Boys are first born. Can't wait to see pics of Max!
Post a Comment