Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Great Weekend!

Hello friends!! What a FABULOUS weekend it was!! Friday evening was a little sad. Wyatt and I went to Joy Warner's visitation. It was beautiful, there were tons of flowers there, and even more people who loved her. She made a difference in SO MANY people's lives! She was amazing! Many people were of course crying but a lot of people were full of joy (for her) because they knew she was in heaven with her Father! What a wonderful place it must be!! After we left there, Wyatt and I had a wonderful talk about life. Sometimes I just take Wyatt and my family and friends for granted not really realizing that life on earth is really temporary. We are not here for good, and at some point God will call us home. So we must live every moment for Jesus, we must SHINE so brightly for Him that people cannot help but see our love for Him. That kind of joy is contagious good friends! Whoo-hoo!! I also realized that I need to spend more time in God's Word! Whenever I am in God's Word, I often think to myself, "Why do I not get in here every single moment that I have free??" There is so much good stuff to read about! Let's live to make a difference! Make a difference in someone's life, that is my challenge to you today! I will take on the same challenge and I will pray that God will reveal to all of us someone we have made a difference through! God's love will be shown to all who live for His glory! YAY!
On with the weekend. :) On Saturday we had "Harshman Work Day," which was a ton of fun!! Adam is not really an emotional person, but I think he had a lot of fun, it was sure fun surprising him! :) Saturday evening I got to hold and kiss on my little nephew Mr. Max. He is so absolutely adorable! I love him SO much!! It is always fun to see how your friends take on new roles! Nick and Katie are awesome parent's, I am amazed at their strength and patience! (Schmickle's and Harshman's you are next!! Whoo-hoo!!!)
Sunday was awesome! Sunday School rocked my face off :):):) and the sermon was one I certainly needed to hear!! Sunday afternoon was also fabulous!! We enjoyed having all you people over!! We had a blast!! Thanks to all who came to hang and watch the game!! Thanks girls for hanging out with me and talking about girl stuff!! I cherish you all!!
Hope you all have a fabulous week!! I can't WAIT to see you soon!!!

8 comments:

Todd said...

Thanks for opening up your home to allow us to hang out and watch the game. You and Wyatt have been so gracious and wonderful since we started attending GCC. I still remember one of the first Sunday's we attended and the first time we meet you and Wyatt right before we played wiffle ball. I remember thinking, if everyone in this church is as friendly and welcoming as these two, then this will be a rocking church. Thanks again. Your friendship is valued very much.

Andy said...

Yes, thanks for Sunday night. I think that's why the Cards won tonight! You guys are supercool and we're praying for Wyatt's test tomorrow. I know that it will be a lot nicer for the both of you after tomorrow.

Adam Harshman said...

Actually, I am quite an emotional person. I just tend not to display this publically. When my emotions get out of control I get all choked up and slobber on myself, and that's no fun for anyone.

Monique said...

Let me know if you still wanna do lunch on Thursday. I'll probably call you or e-mail because I have no idea how often you check this thing. Later, Sunshine!

Monique said...

Hey! That works for me on Thursday. Either 1 or 1:30 it doesn't matter, I'll be here! Love ya!

Paige Ferg said...

christina....where are you....a new post maybe...in the works....maybe...i miss your joyful blogs....please come back...

Andy said...

WE WANT A NEW POST!!! WE WANT A NEW POST!!! But only if you have time ;) I just wanted to say thanks for everything you are doing with the shower. I can't tell you how much it means to Carlye and me. Now... WE WANT A NEW POST!!!

Adam Harshman said...

I think this is some ploy to get more comments on her posts. Because she knows the intoxicating power of the blog, she can hold out on us even longer than Andy and she knows we'll keep coming back and begging for more. (this is a concept that all women know and love) [switch to Oliver Twist voice] "Please, miss, if you have the time...could we read a bit about your day...of course, only if it pleases you to do so...me and the others...we'd really quite like it."