Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Week at a Glance

So it is Wednesday! Can anyone believe that it is Wednesday?? Holy cow! Time flies when you are having fun! It has been a very cool week. On Monday we visited the small quaint town of Bolivar, MO. I could never live in Bolivar, MO. I just couldn't, it is too small. Now some of you might be thinking, "Don't they live in Nixa, isn't that a small town." Ah contrar good friends, Nixa is indeed a small town, but it is a COOL small town. There are fun restaurants (we don't have many restaurant' s mind you, but the ones we have are cool!!), cool shopping places, AND fabulous friends who live in or around Nixa!! (YAY Ozark!) There is no such thing in Bolivar. Nope, Bolivar is just straight up boring, not much to do there! I am so glad it was a short visit! :)
Tuesday evening was way cool because we got to hang out with the Schmickle's! Now they are a fun crew!! Carlye and I laughed and chatted, and I think the boys did some of the same (perhaps they did not laugh as much, but I think they had fun too.) We are so thankful for those Schmickle's, thanks for letting us be real with you both! You are a blessing to us!
Tonight was family night. We usually have family night on Thursday night, but since we are having our Financial Fun Class, we had to move it to earlier in the week!! Family night is so very special to me! I have a wonderful family! We started having family night when I was 5. My dad is a campus minister so there were always students at our house, or he was often off doing something, so there were times we did not get to spend a lot of time together. So, one night we (I say "we" although I am sure I did not do a lot of the deciding about getting away for the evening, I was only 5) just decided to get away from the house and from the phone, so we could spend some time just together!! So we walked down to the McSalty's that used to reside by campus, ordered a Bear Pie for dinner and thus had our first family night. We have been getting together every Thursday night since! I am so thankful that Wyatt likes my family, he makes family night so much fun!! He and my dad often remember things that happened when they were away on missions trips. It is so much fun to hear their wild and crazy stories!! Great family, special friends, we are so blessed!

3 comments:

Andy said...

Your sacrifice for Financial Fun Thursday is appreciated. It's a rare and wonderful tradition that your family has.

tfrederick said...

Have a wonderful trip with your family!

Paige Ferg said...

you now have links to eachothers blog sites. That is outstanding.
thanks for having us all over at your house yesterday to watch the game and chat. it was great fun. have a great week