WOW!! It has been a LONG time since I have posted!! :) I have several drafts typed up, but could never perfect just what I wanted to say...so apparently I didn't post them!! Ha!
Of course we have been in the New Year of 2013 for 12 days now which is SO exciting! :) I hope you all rung in the New year with lots of JOY and love!! We got to spend some time with some dear friends and their family (this will hopefully be another post!! We LOVE our New Year's Eve tradition:))
The week before Christmas I was pretty sick so I had A LOT of thinking and praying time... and there is something that God kept laying on my heart!! I would pray for wisdom and guidance in several different things and He kept bringing to my heart...."What Matters?" "What matters Christina...do any of these things bring ME Glory?" I am constantly thinking about all that we have on our plate as a family, and all that I am doing as a wife, mommy, sister, daughter and friend!! Is what I have committed myself to and my family to for these next few days, weeks, month and possibly years...do they MATTER for God's Kingdom!!?? I desperately want to shout "YES!" but I know that probably wouldn't be true!! I suppose that we all struggle with this, it is kind of our nature...God WANTS us to choose Him!! God wants our attention, our affection and our GLORY to be focused on Him!! One of our BIGGEST goals as a family for this year is to make everything that we do, matter!! Trips to the store, our time at school, time with friends and family...we want that time to MATTER!! :) I am very excited about how God will lead us this year!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment