I am not a very good cook!! I know it and I am ok with that!! My mom and sister are AMAZING cook's, they can create just about any gourmet dish out of about 5 ingredients!! I got the crafting/baking gifts, and for them I am SO THANKFUL!!!! I love to be crafty and to make NEW decoration for our house out of the simplest of things!! I also love to bake and measure out ingredients and then enjoy the finished product!! However, since my little family cannot possibly live on decor and dessert alone...I have started really challenging myself to make new meals and enjoy the time I get with my kiddos when they want to help!! There have been some really delicious meals, and some that are not so great!! :) However, meals for my family is not what this post is about!! :):) Gotcha! :)
Have you ever made a meal for a family that is in need, or that has been through trauma, or even that is just having a rough time!?! God has just recently brought several of these situations to my own families hearts and we have ENJOYED making food for these families in need, together! I would not say that I enjoy cooking, or being in my kitchen all afternoon several days in a row!! Actually I dis-like it greatly, BUT, when God calls you to help, you cannot say no!! God has recently showed me the blessings in helping to provide for these families!! God laid them on my heart and asked me what I was going to do to help!? If, I ask them "How can I help?" I need to be willing to DO something to help...not just ask because it sounds nice! We are all really good that this...it is almost like the "how are you" question that many of us immediately follow up with the quick and easy answer... "Fine!" However, the question often tends to be "If there is anything I can do to help...let me know!" And then we go on with our business and forget about those families in need!! I am here to tell you friends, there is ALWAYS something we can do to help, even if it is something as simple as cooking a meal!! This is a way God stretched me this past week...!! Never ask "if" ALWAYS ask "how!!??" :)
1 comment:
Love this post! I agree so much! I feel like as a mom with young kiddos, blessing families with a meal is one of the best ways I can serve along with my kids. And a homemade meal is such a blessing to people! I have no doubt you are a good cook! Practice makes perfect! And don't feel bad about making the same dishes your family loves over and over again! I always feel like I need to be trying new recipes and I am realizing that my family is just as happy with having their favorite meals over and over again!
Post a Comment