Sunday, January 27, 2013
Yesterday
Yesterday, my mom and dad and sister and I attended the visitation of a very good friend!! The visitation was for the daddy of one of my sweet childhood friends!! She and I, along with another girl hung out from the time we were 5 year's old until we got to Jr. high! Even after settling into different friendships and taking time to figure out who we were, we were all still very dear friends!! We were the 3 C's! Courtney, Chrystal and Christina!! :) My friend Courtney was an only child...it was SUCH fun to go to her house because we had the run of the place, her mom and dad were very laid back and just enjoyed hearing us laugh and giggle!! They had a three story house and we would run up and down those stairs like lightening in our crazy dress up outfits, our outrageous make-up and our music blaring!! :) Courtney's mom and dad always took us to McDonald's and then over to TCBY, but Joyce would ALWAYS say she needed to "...Count her pennies before we could go!!" I LOVE that phrase, and she always said it with a sweet gleam in her eye!! Courtney's mom, Joyce died about 8 years ago, and now her dad, Larry is gone as well!! I can't stop thinking about her! I am SO thankful for my mom and dad and I couldn't imagine life without them!! I am SO thankful to have a sister, and even though we don't always agree on everything, I know she is always there!! I am thankful for health and for life and for my family!! I am SO thankful for God who loves us and takes care of us at ALL times! I know my sweet friend Courtney is going to be ok, her parents both loved God very much and you could tell that in the way that they lived every day, and she loves God!! Today I am VERY thankful for the life that God has blessed us with!! We have a healthy family, a family who LOVES to love and a Heavenly Father who loves us SO much!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment