Thursday, August 30, 2012

Homebody

For anyone who knows me, or our little family, you KNOW we like to be on the GO!! :) We ran around ALL summer long going to different pools, going to SDC and having a variety of play dates here, there and EVERYWHERE!! :) We had the BEST time!! :) But, as we are settling into a school rhythm this fall, I have realized that I LOVE being at HOME with my kiddo's!! Does that sound CRAZY!?! Not at home, like I never realized that I like being a stay at home mommy, I have always enjoyed that, but I have also really enjoying having places to GO!!

   Two weeks ago our sweet little girl started "school!" She goes to school on Monday's and Wednesday's and then I home school her on Tuesday's and Thursday's!! It is going SO well, we both are enjoying having such special time together!! She is my little mini-me so we are the best of friends! :) Today, we made a book of "A's"! We got all crafty creating this little 6 paged book, and as we completed her book, she gave me a huge hug and told me that she LOVES being crafty with me!! It was pure BLISS and made my heart so happy!!! I enjoy SO much having leisurely morning's with her and Zack! We usually start her homework around 9:00 a.m., and we are usually done by 10:30 a.m. or so! Then, we have the whole rest of the day for FUN!! Although we could get out and GO, often we have decided that we would rather stay at home!! I have gotten SO much cleaning done and the kiddos have re-found their favorite toys! We have gotten some extra snuggle time in, and Maddie is leaning to READ! :) When you are on the GO, we often forget about all of the fun we can have at home! We have just had the BEST few weeks!!

  Starting school for Maddie and for Zack and I has been a little bit of an adjustment, but I am SO thankful for the way this year has worked out! I love being at the same school as my daughter and my son...it is a wonderful blessing!! God has His hand in our lives, and it is apparent in SO many ways, but I feel extra blessed by the way He has worked out school for us!

  So, these days I am a homebody!! You are welcome to come over, we LOVE to have company! I will bake for you, and we will have a nice chat!! (I have started making a new Pinterest recipe every week! Some weeks it is a dessert, and sometimes it is dinner!! I will post about this later...but it has been a TON of FUN! I have really gotten out of my cooking routines! My husband is SO pleased!!:))

No comments: