Wednesday, October 19, 2011

War Eagle

I was so blessed to be able to take a quick girls weekend away this past weekend with some of my favorite ladies! :) On Thursday we all loaded up together about 6:00p.m. to drive to AR for the HUGE craft shows, going on all weekend long!! We ate a nice leisurely dinner in Joplin at Cheddar s (my FAV:)) and enjoyed some wonderfully girly chatter all the way to our beautiful hotel! One of the girls that I went with is a MAJORLY awesome coupon-er and was able to get our room for $29 for the first night and $39 for the second night for the four of us!! Whoo-hoo!! We woke up on Friday morning and had a leisurely breakfast, and had Starbubks before we took off for the day!!! For all of you who know me well, KNOW that I L-O-V-E being crafty!! :) Well this weekend friends, was THE weekend of crafts!!

On Friday, we went to 3 HUGE, craft fairs! Tent after tent after tent of handmade... ANYTHING, you could ever possibly want! :):) We bought bows and cute dresses for our girls and clothes for us and Christmas ornaments and decor for our homes...the possibilities were endless!! (Ok, so not ALL of the tents had handmade items in them...but at War Eagle that is a requirement!:)) The girls that I went with have been going to these craft shows for years and had our days all planned out!! It was SO much fun to know the in's and out's of each craft fair!!! We topped Friday night off with dinner at "On the Border" and a shopping trip to Target (where I got an adorable new outfit for $20!!:):) After some chatting and a LOT of laughing...by 1:00 a.m. we were ready for bed!!

On Saturday morning we got up EARLY, had a quick breakfast, got our Starbucks and headed out for War Eagle!! I had NEVER seen ANYTHING like it before!! :) All of the white tents took my breath away!! We had to drive for a while to get there but it was SO worth it!!! There is an awesome running Mill there that I could have stared out for hours! It was beautiful!!(Wyatt and I plan to take our kiddos back there this spring!! It was SO cool!!:)) Then... we shopped!! They had everything, I was in heaven!! It is SO cool to see what everyone's passions were!! Everyone was interested in something different, and it was exciting to see the excitement in their eyes!! We had a BALL and I came home with so many treasures!! :) We have already put the dates on our calendar for next year!! This will definitely be one of my favorite new fall traditions!!

1 comment:

Beth Branstetter said...

War Eagle is my absolute favorite of all the craft shows!! It's definitely THE best one!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! :]