Monday, October 17, 2011

Life these days!!

WHEW!! Life in our household these days is so totally busy!! We are for sure staying on our toes!! But, I am so thankful for the quiet days that the kiddos and I have here and there!! I used to plan up almost every single day, but now we try not to plan up our Monday's and Friday's, although those are our only two days to have play dates! Today has been wonderful!! No BIG planned out plans, just fun, relaxing spontaneous plans!! It has been wonderful!!

Today, we enjoyed a much needed morning at home! Maddie helped me make muffins and we enjoyed talking over preparing for breakfast!! She is my sweet little helper!! She wants to be right where I am, whenever I am doing something that she thinks she can help with!! I LOVE her compassionate, loving heart!!! After breakfast we snuggled on the couch for a while! Then we were off to meet Tre-Tre and Maddux for an early playdate!!! We enjoyed our time with them so much!! The kiddos played and I got to chat with my sweet sister for awhile!! It was so nice and relaxing!! This afternoon I was so productive, it was wonderful!!! I made dinner and cleaned our house! I made phone calls and responded to e-mails!! Ah, it was BLISS!!!

I get so caught up in being busy sometimes, that I just forget to ENJOY life!!! Isn't that sad!?! I have the two most beautiful children and an AMAZING husband, yet I forget to live life with them!!! I am SO THANKFUL for all that God has blessed us with...a job for Wyatt, Premier for me, school for all of us, precious family, the dearest friends...I just need to slow down sometimes and remember!!!

"The Lord has done GREAT things for us, and we are FILLED with JOY!!!!" Psalm 126:3

1 comment:

catrina said...

I love those days too. I'm learning that not only do I need those home days to get things accomplished here but Maddux needs them. Today he enjoyed just playing with his toys. I also love our relaxing play dates. They are no fuss and I love that!! Thanks for making time for us on your home days!!! We love our 4 Jenkin's!! :o)