Last week at MOPs our mentor talked to us about the 5 Love Languages! This book has been around forever and Wyatt and I have been through it several times, it is an awesome book!! So as she was introducing the topic, I was thinking, "I already know this, I want to learn something new!" However, I was excited to hear what she had to say! I really love our mentor's at MOPs this year! They are really knowledgeable and loving, wise and discerning and kind! She talked to us about the importance of meeting your spouses needs! It is always good to be reminded that his needs are not necessarily MY needs, but he needs them met anyway! What is interesting is that Wyatt and I do have the same top 2 love languages, but we SHOW them in different ways!! It was so good to be reminded of ways to continually meet Wyatt's love languages, and to think of some fun, new ways to show him how much I love him!
What was even more interesting was our mentor mentioning that we will be able to tell what our childrens' love languages are going to be by the time they are around 8 years!! As I was thinking through the 5 languages I pictured my children in each of those capacities! At this point in their lives, they NEED all 5 languages SHOWN to them!! But I can already kind of tell what language they are speaking to Wyatt and I and to each other!! Of course it will be fun to watch them grow and change, I want them to be stretched and grown the way God wants to teach them! It is just such a blessing to watch them become little people!
My Maddie LOVES her quality time and special gifts! She is also a acts of service kind of girl! She lights up whenever she gets to spend just a few minutes with anyone, just them and her!! She and I went out on a shopping date over the weekend and she just GLOWED the entire time! she was so happy to just be WITH me, it didn't matter at ALL what we were doing, it just mattered that it was her and I! My little girl loves her mommy and her daddy so much!! She also loves little gifts, even if I just color a picture for her or get her inexpensive stickers!! She loves to be given something, and then she loves to give in return! I am so proud of her for the way she helps take are of her "broder!" She is such a sweet girl and I am so thankful for her little life!!
My little Z is also a quality time kind of guy but also a words of affirmation! He loves to hear my love for him!! He really isn't the touchy feely kind of guy, BUT when I am snuggling him telling him what a good boy he is and how much I love him, he eats it up!! He needs to hear that although he needs to be disciplined sometimes, he IS an AMAZING little boy and that I love him SO MUCH!! He likes to spend time with us one on one and smiles so big whenever he is being BIG with daddy!! He sure is a daddy's boy, but he loves his mommy too!! :)
I was so blessed by this lesson!! I love living life with my husband and our children!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment