Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Baking Bread

Today is Wednesday, and our "normal" routine for Wednesday is... bible study at our fabulous church, and then lunch out with some dear friends from study!! Well, today is the first day we haven't had our fun, Wednesday routine! Last week was the conclusion of our bible study until this coming fall!! Instead of heading out to Northside, we spent the day at "school!" I had been asked to teach another class today, and after chatting with my husband and kiddos about it, we decided that I could fill in!! What was extra special about today, was that Maddie AND Zack got to be in my class!! Many people would think that this was a a bad idea, but my kiddos are the BEST of friends, AND, this isn't their normal class, so they hung out with each other and played together ALL morning!! It was so precious!!! I feel SO blessed to be able to go to school with my kiddos! They know I am there, so I think {hope} that brings them a level of comfort, I know their teachers and the other students in their classrooms...and we get to do everything together! It has been a true blessing! :)

  After school today, we headed to Sam's for lunch (DON'T JUDGE!! :) We can all eat there for $6.00!!:)) Then we decided to surprise Wyatt with a picnic tonight, so we did our shopping and got our bread and Ham and a few other items (along with a few samples:)) and were on our way!!! As soon as we got home we read some books and settled down for naps!! Often, I am very busy around nap time, there are always a million things to do! But, a few days ago a dear friend gave me a friendship bread start, and I have been working with it for several days! TODAY, is the day I  get to bake it and I am so excited!! So I started mixing everything together and now I have freshly baked bread baking in my oven!! I feel so accomplished!! Isn't that crazy!?! I've got laundry going and bread in the oven! I feel like I am exactly where I need to be!! :):) God is working on my heart SO much and I am so thankful!! :):)

  My prayer for this summer, is that we will be able to really slow down and ENJOY the time we have together!! We are SO BUSY during this season of life!! We are having fun, but we want to be sure we really enjoy the time we have with our two kiddos!! Life is always changing and moving in different directions, but we want our kiddos to know that we are always here for them, and that we love them SO much!! We have been going through our kiddos' bible books each evening, and that has been a HUGE blessing for our family!! We just love time together!! :):)

 Ahhhh, who knew that baking bread would be a blessing in the middle of a Wednesday afternoon!?! :):)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love this! There is something about just being at home and truly embracing homemaking that puts our souls at rest isn't there?

Mandie said...

Wish I could bake bread. I fail every time I try! I know, we totally eat lunch at Sam's too... wish they'd get their good pretzels back though! :)