Saturday, September 03, 2011

My Mom and Dad

I love my parents!!! They were awesome parents to my sister and I! Not perfect parents, but, they raised us to know, love and follow hard after God! ! I am so thankful for their profound impact on my life!! I have always enjoyed hanging out with my parents, but I never knew how much more I would enjoy watching them with my kiddos!! WOW!! It is such an incredible blessing!! My mom and dad are SO good about making time for our M and Z! Actually, I think they would rather hang out with them, than Wyatt and I, but since we are transportation for their Grandkids, they put up with us! :) Ha! :) Lately I have been totally blessed by some unexpected time with our Ga-Ga and Mze! Like on Thursday, we had just pulled into Sam's to grab some lunch (Ok, people, DON'T judge, it is quick and cheap and it is right by our pre-school!!:)) and here comes my dad on his motorcycle!! Zack and I got out quickly and yelled out his name... he stopped, turned around and gave us all big hugs! I think he was just as excited to see us, as we were to see him!! Now, I know he was there to get a few things and get out, but he was so excited to see us, he joined us for lunch!! It was an incredible blessing and I am SO thankful for that time with him!!

My mom is always excited to hang out with our kiddos so we can run errands or go out on dates! She isn't willing, she WANT'S to be with our kiddos!! And in turn, they have an awesome relationship with her!! They love their Ga-Ga more than life itself! :):) We are looking forward to going out on a date tomorrow afternoon and evening!! I think she is just as excited as we are!! :):) I am SO unbelievably thankful for her!!

Another example! I had a jewelry show this morning, so my dad and Wyatt planned a "guys day" (with Maddie!!:)) and off they went to McDonalds for breakfast and then to Bass Pro for some bonding time! (I guess that is what people do at Bass Pro...Bond"! I personally can't stand the place, but my kiddos LOVE it!! Oh, the sacrifices of being a mommy!! :)) Then they grabbed some lunch together!! Well my mom was none-to-pleased about NOT being invited to Bas Pro, so she showed up for lunch!! I just LOVE that my parents want to spend time with us!!! They are such a blessing to Wyatt and I and also to our little J'S!! :):) I hope we encourage and love them as much as they encourage and love on us!! We feel SO blessed!! :):)

No comments: