Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Best Day!

I had the BEST day with my kiddos today!! I LOVE hanging out with my M and Z! I never thought that being a momma could be so wonderful and fun (it is definitely hard at times, don't get me wrong! :) BUT, it is SO totally worth all of the tough days!! :)) We have been going less, and hanging out...just the 3 of us, more!! I can definitely see that it is making ALL the difference in the world!! We try to have 1 to 2 play dates a week and the rest of our time is spent together!! We are just having a BALL!! I know that with summer comes a certain fun busy-ness so we are just enjoying our time together!! Wyatt gets off from work really early now, so our evenings are spent together playing outside, reading, going for walks and playing hide- and- seek!! BLESSED!!

So today was a beautiful day, so we loaded up in "our car" (whenever our kids refer to our Highlander it is OUR car. When they talk about the Saturn it is daddy's car! It is very hard for them to understand that we share our cars! So cute! :)) and met my sister and nephew at the Nature Center!! The three cousins RAN the whole way!! It is so much fun to see their friendships starting!! My sweet Maddie has lots of little girl-y friends, but my precious Zack would always just rather be with Maddux!! They are BUD's and it is pretty sweet! We took the long trail around the nature center and enjoyed the beautiful morning, talking all about God's beautiful creation! After our morning at the center, we headed over to Chick-Fil-A for some delicious lunch and some more play time!! :) After we left lunch, we headed home!! I love our time in the car together! We have some really fun cd's that we like to sing together! But, when we aren't singing we are talking about letters and different words that start with different letters! I must say, my kiddos know their letters very well, and we have a LOT of fun coming up with words that start with each letter!! After 3 hour nap's they got up, so happy and full of joy!! We played outside for a long time and soaked up the sun!! Then my friend Angela came over and we talked through her wedding, while M and Z watched Milo and Otis! They love that movie so much, they start laughing before their favorite parts even start! It is hilarious!! :) After Angela left, we ate dinner together and then just played all together! What a blessed evening! My favorite part was during bath time, we were once again talking about letters and I asked Zack how you spell the word "Stop!" (He is in LOVE with stop signs right now!!:) And he looked at me and said, "S-T-O-P!" I thought Wyatt was going to fall over!! We are SO proud of our little man!!! :):)

While I type this, Wyatt is cleaning up the kitchen! He is such an amazing man, he often cleans the kitchen after I have made dinner!! SO blessed!!! Now... for some snuggle time with my man!!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

I saw your sister and Maddux yesterday at Carpenter's Kids. I was talking to Alicia and I said, "She looks sooo familiar." and I think Alicia was thinking "duh" but she politely said, "That is Christina's sister". :)

catrina said...

It was SO much fun!!!! Maddux loves his Maddie, Zack, Maddie. :)