I found my "old" Bible today as I was cleaning through a few things!! I LOVE this Bible so much because it was the first Bible that was actually mine, and not one that we just had laying around the house! It lovingly (but very faded) says my name on the front: Christina Embree, it is purple in color, and it is very worn!! I love seeing my maiden name of the front cover! I haven't had that last name for almost 4 years,but it always feels good to hear!!! It reminds me of where I came from!! As I am looking through my Bible I am reminded of some of my absolutely favorite passages!! I just wanted to share a few of those with you all today!! As I delve deeper and deeper into God's Word I am astounded by His wisdom and knowledge of us, His children!! He knew us so well, even before we were even born!!! His Word is amazing, and has so many answers to our questions, and, verses of encouragement and love meant just for us!!! What a MIGHTY God we serve!!!!
One of my dear friends has this verse set in her e-mail and anytime she sends me something I read it and am encouraged!! She has been through A LOT in life but still holds strong to her faithful relationship with the Lord!! She is a huge encouragement to me!!!
"I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8 --AMEN!!! I WILL NOT be shaken, not by anything!!! Thank you Father for this promise!!!
I also love Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight!"
I went to this verse A LOT during my college years when I didn't know who or what I wanted to be!!!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future!" Jeremiah 29:11.
This is a constant reminder of how I should live my life!
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house! In the same way, let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."Matthew 5:13-16
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me!" John 14:6
"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes..." Romans 1:16
These are just a few verses...I hope to post more later this week!! I hope you are encouraged!! Father, thank you for your Word and for all of the guidance you give us in life!! I love you!!!
2 comments:
God's Word is so amazing. Why don't I read it more often? When I read verses like those I feel like even daily is not enough! Thank you for sharing! I love learning more about God with you!
Christina!!! You are awesome!! Thanks for the reminder that God loves us! Sometimes when we get busy it's hard to remember that He is always there!
Post a Comment