Friday, December 10, 2010

The Perfect Weekend!

We had the Perfect Christmas weekend!! Our fun-filled weekend actually lasted until yesterday! :) Wyatt and I felt so refreshed after our weekend...it just started our week off perfectly!! It was a wonderful mix of family time and friend time, and Wyatt and I time!! Here is what we did!!

Friday--Maddie, Zack and I hung out with our friends the Grider's all day!! We enjoyed pizza buffet (which is quickly becoming our tradition for Friday's!!:)) together and then headed back to their house to make homemade sugar cookies and decorate them with homemade butter cream icing!!!! YUM-O!!! It was a BLAST, we danced around the kitchen singing Christmas songs and enjoying each other company! M and Z and I didn't want to leave, so we didn't until about 4:00p.m. and it was well worth it!! It was the perfect day!! That night we took Embree family pictures and then had dinner with my parents! What a great night!!!!

Saturday--Sleep IN!! :) WHOO-HOO!! Our kiddos were pooped after our BIG day so they slept in until almost 9! :) Then we headed over to my mom's for her annual CCH Girls' Christmas Breakfast! It was delicious and it is always so good to catch up with some awesome ladies!! That afternoon I did some Christmas shopping by myself and it was wonderful!! Saturday evening Wyatt and I got all gussied up and headed out to Hiland Springs for the BKD Christmas party!! It was the BEST evening we have ever had with the BKD Christmas party! We got to sit with some of our dear friends and we had a BLAST signing with the dueling piano people!!!!

Sunday--CHURCH!! We LOVE our church and are SO blessed by the faces we see when we walk through the door!! The sermon was so good and it was just what I needed to hear! My heart and mind were refreshed and ready for the week!! We ate lunch with some sweet friends and enjoyed good conversations with them!! Then we went home and put the kiddos to bed! And then I once again ventured out to do some Christmas shopping with my momma! I got home in time for our kiddos to wake up and we enjoyed the rest of the evening at home together!!

Monday--Ornament party #2 with dear, sweet friends!!! There is something so special about having a room full of ladies that are so near and dear to you! Many of us have had a challenging year, and it was so good to see and hear how faithful God is and how He hears us even when we don't know that He does!! It was such special time and warmed my heart!!!

Tuesday--M, Z and I attended an all day Christmas party out at a family friends' house! They have a HUGE and beautiful home that is absolutely filled to the brim with LOVE!! There were about 35 ladies there and we just had a blast together laughing and talking!! We had a gift exchange that was crazy FUN!!! It was an AMAZING party and we stayed all day!!!

We are enjoying this time of year so much, especially with our kids getting bigger and understanding more!!! I love that my kiddos are asking questions about Jesus and His mommy and daddy!! Wyatt reads Maddie and Zack a story every night before bed, this week he has been reading them stories out of our Bible and they LOVE it!!! Last night Wyatt read the story of Jesus's birthday!!! My kids have such wonder in their eyes, it is simply amazing to think about the story through their little minds!!

I pray you are being blessed this holiday season also!!!

No comments: