"All you need to say is simply "Yes" or "No;" anything beyond this comes from the evil one." Matthew 5:37.
This verse comes back to me over and over on a weekly basis!! Let your yeses be YES and let your NOs, be NO!! It is so simple, yet we (I) make it so hard sometimes!!! I know this is Gods gentle way of reminding me that I need to be held accountable for the decisions I make for our family every single day! I want people to know that when I say YES to something, that I am going to be there wholeheartedly and with a happy heart!! I NEVER want to get in the habit of telling people what they want to hear (which is many times, "YES!") when I really mean "NO!" If I mean no, then I need to say NO! (or in our household, we say "no thank you!!" :)) We are trying to be more diligent as a family to be involved with just the right amount of activities, play dates, outings, etc! We do NOT be over committed, knowing that we need time together as a family, but needing good fellowship also! It is SO hard to tell people no, but it can be a blessing in disguise also! We want the activities that we do together to count and be intentional!! Therefore I need to think before I speak, especially, when it means potentially hurting someone or having to cancel on them because I wasn't being responsible!! One of my dearest friends always used to tell me "Do not get so caught up in the good things, that you miss out on the BEST things!!" This is such GOOD advice! Lord, give me wisdom and direction, help me to seek You in ALL things, even when they seem small!
So, my reminder for today... if I say YES to something, I am going to do it, even if I decide I don't want to, or if I am not "excited" about it anymore!! God can use ANY situation to grow and stretch us, especially if we have committed to it!! If I decide NOT to do something I need to stick with that decision too, because you never know where God might take you, or use you for His glory!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment