Tuesday, October 06, 2009
A Cute Story!
As we were walking into church on Sunday, I was holding Zack and Wyatt and I were both holding Maddie's hands! We were just talking and laughing on our way to the front doors! As I was holding Zack,I leaned down to him and told him that he looked so handsome and that I was so proud of him!! Almost immediately after, Maddie let go of my hand and turned to Wyatt and said, "Daddy, you are so handsome! I am so proud of you!" Then she gave him a big hug and kiss, right there in the middle of the parking lot!! I thought Wyatt was going to melt away!! :) It is amazing how much of our words our kiddos hear and understand and then want to say themselves!! She truly DID think Wyatt was handsome and she IS so proud of him, and she just wanted him to know! We really try to affirm our kiddos every day! We try to be calm and patient with them, and really LOVE on them no matter what the circumstance! (We still have our days friends when there is much chaos and craziness, but we always pray every morning for our day, and claim that it is the day that God has made for us , so we are going to rejoice and be glad!!!) We want to be a family that knows what unconditional love is, and we want our kids to know HOW to share that with others!!! It is a work in progress, but it is awesome to see how Maddie wants to love on people and share her joy with others!! We are SO proud of our kiddos!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That Maddie is SO precious!!!
How sweet! What a really great reminder that I need to be modeling unconditional love at all times. They really do pick up on everything. Sweet, sweet story. Wyatt will cherish that one forever.
Post a Comment