So, I have really been trying to lose weight since my son was born! I have been big my whole life and after being pregnant two years in a row, I decided that I was D-O-N-E being fat! So about 4 weeks after Zack was born I started walking with a dear friend!! We met every morning at 4:45 a.m. at the track and got moving! It was such a blessing for me!! Not only did I get to excercise, but I had an accountability partner, and, we got to spend some very good time together taking and laughing!! And, since Zack had an early morning feeding, I fed him, put him back to sleep and then left for my morning walk so it was "easy" for me to get there (most of the time)! It was such good motivation!!! So for about 8 months I have been working at improving my eating habits and getting moving!! It has been a very hard journey but a very necessary one!!! And, it feels SO good to be making progress!!! For so long, I kind of just accepted the fact that I would always be large, but I NEVER have to settle!!! I can make a difference for myself, despite myself!! :) I want to be healthy for my husband and for my precious babies! They deserve a wife and mom who takes care of herself and who enjoys living life to the fullest! And I CAN DO IT!!!! Beleive me, if I can lost the weight, anyone can!! It is fun to look back at pictures and see how far I have come! I DO NOT want to be a person who is caught up in body image and only focuses on me, but I DO want to be a woman who is trying my best to be what God made me to be!!!! I still have quite the journey to go (I would like to lose about 50 more pounds) so I am going just going to continue to work on my eating habits and excersicing and see where it leads me!! I feel GREAT!
SOOOOOOO, all of this to say, since August I am SO EXCITED to report that I have lost almost 70 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO-HOO!!!! It is wonderful to see those pounds disappear!! It feels SO good to go down sizes and to be able to feel cute and look it!! :)
"I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to have plenty and I know what it is to be in need. I have learned the secret of being content in every situation, whether well fed, or hungry, whether living in plenty or want. I CAN DO EVERYTHING IN HIM WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH!!!!" Philippians 4:10-13
2 comments:
You are AMAZING!! You inspire me so much! I am so proud of you! 70 pounds! I bet Wyatt doesn't even know what to do with himself anymore;-) I can't wait to see you in June! You have always been a beautiful woman and I bet you look fabulous! Love you!
Christina you are an inspiration!! Keep doing what you are doing, you are amazing!! Beautiful on the inside and out!! xoxo
Post a Comment