WOW! Time really does fly when you are having fun and that is what the Jenkins' family has been doing this spring!! HAVING FUN!!! Our kiddos are growing SO much every single day, it is such a joy to be a part of their lives! Even on the hard days, I am truly thankful that God decided to bless Wyatt and I with children!!! We cannot stop staring at their beautiful faces and we adore the way they make us laugh!! I have been learning SO much about who I am and what God wants me to do, so I thought I would share a few of those things!!!
First of all, God constantly reminds me that I need to find my identity in HIM!!!! No one else can make me happy, but Him!! No one can make me content and happy with exactly where I am, except Him!! He always listens, always loves, always protects me, from me! He is always on my side and will always give me the best advice...if I ask!!! He will always show me grace and unconditional-ness...ALWAYS!!! Someone will always have more money, or a bigger house or some exciting new adventure they are about to embark on. But, when I am finding my identity in Christ and leaning on him, I am on the biggest adventure of my life!! How could I NOT be excited and feel content in that??? God is my Savior and my King, He died so that I can live, there is nothing better than that!!
Secondly I am learning that I need to be exactly who I am!!! God made me to be me...He obviously has some amazing purpose for me or He wouldn't have formed me!! I am Christina Joy Jenkins, a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend! God has given me those jobs as a blessing but also as a challenge to encourage and love on people all the time!!!! I get so caught up in life sometimes, needing to be here there and everywhere and I forget to just be me!! Some days I have rough days!! I am the mom of two children that are 12 and a half months a part, life isn't always going to be easy!!! But when I embrace those rough days and pray my way through them, God is with me, it usually turns out to be a pretty good day!!! I used to think that if I had a rough day with my kiddos, I was obviously doing something wrong!! BUT, I know now that that is simply not true, sometimes life is just hard!!! I am THANKFUL for wonderful and kind friends who love me unconditionally through all of my icky blemishes!! I am thankful that if I choose to open up, they will listen with a patient and kind heart and give loving advice or simply just sit with me!! I am thankful for a husband that loves me and knows me better than I know myself!! He has an amazing way of listening and understanding me so incredibly!!!
I am also learning A LOT about grace! Grace has been hard for me to understand my whole life!! It is HARD to show grace to people!! It is SO hard to forgive someone once they have hurt you!! It is so hard to trust people knowing that they might not be trust-able! (I don't think that is a word, but it works!:):)) It is so hard to know that if someone is willing to talk to you in a gossipy way, than they are probably willing to talk about you in a gossipy way!! BUT then I remember that Jesus DIED for ME!!!! His grace was enough to cover me and anyone who chooses to live life in Him!! Knowing that and being reminded every day helps me be more grace filled!! Life is ALL about grace my friends!! I want to be shown grace, so in order to do that I need to shower grace on my friends, family and the people around me!!!
Sometimes I feel like I should be out working to help support my family!! We are trying really hard to get out of debt and often I feel like if I got a job, that process would be much easier! However, I feel so much peace about being home with my kids for this season of life!! I adore being a part of their every day lives!! I love it that we wake up and snuggle every morning!! I got special time with each child in the morning as we wait for the other to wake up! (This is probably one of my favorite parts of the day!! I get to snuggle with either Maddie or Zack when they still feel like snuggling in the morning!! Then when the sibling gets up, we go get him or her together! It is so awesome!!:)) I love it that they know that I am going to be there when they wake up from their naps and I love it that they know that I will put them to bed every evening!! I definitely enjoy a break once and awhile, but I am right where I need to be!! God is constantly showing us how we can save money and I am really starting to enjoy coupon-ing, so I feel that I am just where I need to be!!! I am thankful also that I get to hang out with other women that are going through the same stage in life as I am! God has really brought me together with some awesome women that I am so thankful for!! They have helped refine me as a mom and as a friend!! I love hanging out with them and investing in their children as they invest in mine! I am so thankful for the way that God provides peace and comfort for me, even in the smallest of ways!!
So these are just a few of the lessons that God has been laying on my heart!!! I hope God is teaching you something new everyday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment