Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lots of Thoughts!!!

I have been thinking so much and praying SO hard for this new year!! I am so amazed at what God has already brought our family through in the past few years! It is exciting to see what He will do this year! I feel that God is going to do some really amazing things in our lives this year, I am just not sure what they are going to be yet! This year has already brought many changes to our family! (All of them have been mostly good changes, but change is change none-the-less!!)

Maddie will be 18 months in a few days which brings many new adventures with it! She is still the loving, thoughtful and FUN girl she has always been but we are really struggling with stranger anxiety and her fear that we are going to leave her! She has always been so secure it is hard for me to see her so sad at times!!! Yesterday at MOPS she just wailed when I put her in her classroom, usually she is so excited to see her friends! And today we had a play date with some good friends (that she knows very well) and she just clung to me the whole time!! Please be praying for us as we love her and continue to show her security and affirmation in a loving and firm way!! We love our daughter so much and we look forward to all of the ways we will bring each other JOY all through life!!

We also have a growing 5 and a half month old son!! He is doing new and exciting things every single day!!! He loves to roll from his belly to his back and gets excited to play with his little toys! He smiles all the time and had the best laugh ever!! He is such a joy to us!! I see Wyatt so much in him!! Zack (and Wyatt both) are so cool, calm and collected!!! Whenever Maddie is having herself a day, Zack seems to just know...so he is so laid back! We have so much fun playing together, Maddie and Zack and I! I am so blessed by my kids, God sure does know what He is doing! I am so thankful to have a Mighty God to serve! I constantly remind myself that HE IS BIGGER!!! In every situation...no matter what!!

Wyatt is right in the middle of busy season at his job! He has taken on quite a few more responsibilities at work, which is wonderful! He loves to be challenged and he is SO good under pressure! I love to watch him grow and learn every day! I love it that he has a job that he loves! I am just so thankful for my husband!! He is SO encouraging to me and he loves me so unconditionally!! He is so wise and he follows hard after God!! He is so Godly and give such good advice!!! He always encourages me to think for myself but is always willing to chat with me about anything!!! I bounce everything off of him, not because I feel like I have to, but because I want to hear his thoughts on life! He can always see something in a situation that I can't see!! He is so loving and thoughtful in his advice but sometimes he is really good at showing me the positive side of something, when I can only see the negative side! He always encourages me to take the high road, no matter what!!! I love him so much, he is my perfect match in every way!!!

I feel like God is working inside my heart so much these days!! He has shown me so much about unconditional-ness and true hope and grace over the past few months! He has taught me about my own pride and broken me of much of it! (I am still prideful in many areas, but God has really dealt, and continues to deal with me in this area!) I no longer care about fancy things, big houses or amazingly cool cars! I just want to take care of my family, be a good friend and serve Christ with my WHOLE heart, even when it gets tough!!!! I want people to know that we am sold out for HIM, and that is how the Jenkins' are going to live their lives!!! We serve a MIGHTY God, and for Him I am so thankful!!!

1 comment:

Paige Ferg said...

I just want to squeeze you! Your heart is the biggest of anyone I know! I'm sure 2009 will bring you more love and adventure than you know what to do with it! See you real soon sweetie!