Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Some thoughts!

I am SO excited for the holidays!! I always get excited around November, but for some reason I am extra excited this year!! I think it is because we have our two sweet babies to celebrate life with!!! I am so excited to get up early with them on Christmas morning and start our own new family traditions...I can't WAIT to see the joy on their faces and we celebrate Christ and His birthday and as they realize what He did for us on the cross so long ago!!! Wyatt and I are really trying to shop thoughtfully for gifts for Maddie and Zack because we don't believe that Christmas is all about the presents! We want to give our kids nice things, but we also want them to know what Christmas is REALLY about!!! Don't get me wrong, we are still going to buy our kids presents but we want to give them things that they need, and that will be really special to them, instead of just buying them big, expensive gifts just because we can!! We also are going to take them shopping individually for gifts for one another!! We really want them to appreciate the fact that they have one another, so we are going to totally let them pick out whatever they think their sibling will like! We are going to let them pick out wrapping paper and everything! Of course the next few years will be more like we "help" pick our presents for each of them, but we really want them to be better gift givers, then receivers! We want our kids to have a humble and thoughtful heart!!

I am so thankful for our kids!! Throughout the past few weeks we have been chatting with some friends who just cannot get pregnant and stay pregnant! They want to have a baby so bad, and they will be awesome parents!! I wonder so often why God blessed us SO much with both of our kids!! There have been times when I have let satan attack me for a variety of reasons...believing that I can't do a good job taking care of both of kids since they are so close, feeling guilty for not being able to give each one of them my un-divided attention at all times....the list goes on and on! However, I know now more than ever that God gave us our children so close together for a very specific purpose!! I feel SO blessed that He has chosen us to have both a girl and a boy!! They are already so different, it is a true joy to watch them interact with one another, with Wyatt and I, and with other people!! Zack is SO cool, calm and collected! Maddie is always bouncing off the walls (in a really fun way!) and chattering away!! I praise God daily for them!! I pray for them every single moment and I rejoice in the fact that God is going to do something MIGHTY in their lives!! What a JOY this holiday season will be!!!!

1 comment:

Paige Ferg said...

gosh i love you!