I am so continually thankful for our family!! I am so thankful that they live here and have such an active part in our lives! I am so thankful that they love us and shower us with love and affirmation!! I am so thankful for the way they love Maddie, and for the way they love Wyatt and I!!! This past weekend Wyatt and I got to go out on a date (which we don't do very often, we would never want any one of our family members to feel like we are taking advantage of them! And, we LOVE to hang out with our little girl!) But, when Grammy came to the door, we opened it slowly and Maddie let out the biggest shriek of excitement when she saw that Grammy was on the other side!! They have such a special bond!!! Grammy brought Maddie a new bubble maker and out the back door they went to play!! Maddie never thought twice about being with her Grammy. When we went to tell her good-bye, she barely even noticed because she was hanging out with her Grammy!!! It was so special!! Of course being the mommy that I am, I called to check in several times, and each time they were laughing at each other, having a fabulous time!!! My mom just beams, she is an AMAZING Grammy! She was an awesome mom, but she has embraced this new role perfectly!! We are SO thankful for her!!! When we got home that night, Maddie was completely passed out (she slept for 13 hours!!), and Grammy was alomst asleep on the couch! They had worn one another out!! It was so precious!!!
Maddie also has such a special relationship with her Aunt Trina and Unky!! We had our Sunday school class over on Monday for Memorial day and we had a blast!! We are also blessed because Maddie knows each one of the couples quite well and she loves all of them!! She is usually more than willing to go to any one of them, but, she didn't want anyone more than she wanted Trina and Unky!! She just went back and forth between the two of them all night!! It was SO sweet!!! Unky also beams when he is with Maddie, I never thought he would be a real "kid-person" (especially when it came to having girls) but he has proven me totally wrong!! He loves Maddie so much, it is amazing to see!! They are going to be awesome parents!!!
My dad left for a mission trip a week ago today!! So, Maddie and I got up early to go see him off!!! Sometimes she acts a little afraid of him at first because he is so big. But on Wednesday, she held her arms right out to him and snuggled against his chest for the 30 minutes we got to hang out with him!!! He was SO happy to have her there!! He also had a special relationship with her, he promises to take her on so many adventures, and I think she is pretty excited!! He is her special Mze, her partner in crime!! They have a wonderful bond!!
Finally, I am SO thankful for my incredible husband who loves us so much!! He continually puts us first, even when it is hard!! He has a pretty tough schedule at work, he is challenged every day, yet he always comes home with a smile!! He is always so excited to see us and spend time with us!!! We have so much fun together as a family, we are comtinually amazed at the blessings God bestows upon us!! Wyatt is so Godly and wise and he continues to mold and make our family into a family who loves and wholeheartedly serves God!! That is our goal in life...to follow hard after Christ no matter what!!! Please pray for us as we continue to seek God will for our lives every day!!! We are SO thankful!!
1 comment:
Isn't God amazing?! You DO have such a wonderful family! I love the whole bunch of you! Maddie (and Zack) are so blessed to be growing up with such an amazing support system always around! It is definetly a blessing to have family close by, especially with little kids! We have been feeling the lack of family lately and it is hard! But, luckily, we have our wonderful Jenkins family and we couldn't be more blessed by you all! We love you guys so much!
Post a Comment