Hello friends!! I don't know if anyone checks this anymore, but I thought I would write anyway!! There has been so much going on, so many exciting things to tell about!! So I guess I will jump right in!
Maddie is now 6 months old!! She is absolutely amazing!! She smiles and giggles all the time!! She loves her daddy and our kitty Rajah!! She also loves her Grammy, Mze, Aunt Trina and Unky!! She is so beautiful and so joyful!! She loves everyone and anyone who will pay attention to her!! Wyatt and I absolutely adore her!! She is the light of our lives!! She makes us smile like no one else can!! Being a mom is amazing, although I always thought I was an avid prayer, my prayer life has changed substantially since Maddie came!! :) Nothing that we do goes uncovered by prayer! I desperately want to raise my daughter to know and follow hard after Christ!! We pray every morning, noon and night together with Maddie, it is such good bonding time with her and it draws Wyatt and I closer together as parents also! It is amazing!! She is our precious little blessing!!
We had a wonderful Christmas!! We attended lots of fun Christmas parties leading up to the week of Christmas! Wyatt was able to take off about 10 days so we could spend time together as a family!! We got to be home together for the morning then we went to my parent's house for the rest of the day!! We spent hours opening presents and laughing and talking together!! We are SO blessed to have my family so close!! They are such a huge source of encouragement and love! They love Maddie so much, it is fun to watch my mom and dad interact with her!! We got the surprise of our lives the weekend before Christmas!! We found out that we are pregnant again!! WHAT?!!?!? We are due in August, just a month after Maddie's first birthday!! For about 4 days I really struggled with the idea of being pregnant again, but now I know that this is just God's perfect Will for us!! His timing is always perfect and who am I to question Him?? We are really excited about having another baby!! What an adventure this next year will be!!! (PLEASE be praying for us!! :):))
We had a fun weekend this past weekend!!! This past weekend we all took a zooming trip to Illinois to go to my Great-Grandpa (so Maddie's Great-Great Grandpa's) 95th birthday party!! It was awesome!! All of our family was there celebrating his life!!! I can't imagine what it would be like to have lived for 95 years! My Great-Grandma died about 4 years ago and he has been living in a really nice retirement village since then!! There were 125 guests at his party and the majority of the guests were his friends from where he lived! It was awesome to see the out pouring of love and support they offered!! It was also very cool to introduce my daughter to him! Everyone was so proud of Maddie, especially her Mze and my Grandma!! (for those of you who don't know, my dad is "Mze" which is African for grandpa! While my dad was in Africa last year the tribe he was with appointed him as an elder in their church, thus why my dad thinks he is now African and must go by Mze!! He is so funny!!)
I hope you all are doing well!! We look forward to spending some time with you all in the next few weeks and months!! Hope your week is blessed!!!
3 comments:
I'm out there!!! and soon to be closer to out there!! It's soo good to hear an update from you, thanks, my request worked!!
we are excited about your new addition! See you soon!! Like in Person even!!
You are the sweetest! I am so happy for you and your family on your great news. You will be an amazing mother of two!
We be out there. And soon we be there! Booya
Post a Comment