Wednesday, September 08, 2010

A Scolding!

So one of my friends turned 35 today, and to celebrate her husband treated several of us to lunch at Lola's here in Nixa last Saturday!! We were so excited to start celebrating early, and it is always fun to have lunch with a group of girls on a Saturday afternoon! :):) There were 5 of us girls and we had a BLAST!!! I was the youngest of the group and the oldest "girl" was 76! :) She was a dear friend of the birthday girl and we loved having her with us!! I hope that when I am 76 I am as joy-filled and happy as she is! :) Anyway, we were all so excited to have some girl time, we were chatting and laughing and really having a great time!! We didn't think we were being too loud or overly annoying, the restaurant was full of families and groups of friends!! It was a beautiful day and everyone was out enjoying it!! Well, I suppose we were enjoying ourselves too much!!! :) About halfway into our lunch, an older lady walked over to our table (several of us thought she was coming to talk with our 76 year old friend) and said in a very stern voice "Girls, you need to keep it down, you are all being too rowdy and loud!" WHAT?!?! We all just looked at each other in astonishment as she returned to her seat!! Did she really just scold a group of 30 year old women (plus one 76 year old???) We were in shock! My dear friend Amy (the birthday girl) was totally un-nerved! She called our waitress over to our table and asked her to add that lady's tab to our bill!! She said she wanted to spread some JOY to her life! :) I was so impressed with how my friend handled the situation, I was totally still shocked, and a little ticked off, BUT, Amy was calm, cool and collected! She wanted to shower her with JOY!! Needless to say, after she found out we had paid her bill, the lady came back over to our table and apologized for being too stern and thanked the table for paying for her meal!! That led us into an awesome conversation about how people really do need to SEE and FEEL people's JOY! Joy is indeed contagious and when you have true JOY, it shows!! It was an awesome lesson, totally unexpected, but great!! :) THANKS Amy, for a spunky fun lunch!! :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Too funny! Your friend Amy sounds like a neat lady!