Friday, June 04, 2010

Swimming???

Hilarious, I am still laughing, of course after the fact! Today we took Griffin to his swimming lesson and we decided to swim in the kiddie pool in their nice big neighborhood swimming area! (Seriously, for a neighborhood pool, it is VERY nice!!!:)) So after making sure G was where he needed to be, I got Maddie and Zack all dressed in their cute swimming suits and swimming diapers, we were all ready, and excited, for the pool!! :) Well, my little Maddie is a fish! She jumped right in, and never looked back!! Even though the water was about 3 feet deep, she LOVED it and enjoyed the other little kiddos that were swimming there with us!! My little Z, on the other hand, was NOT so impressed!!!! He started off by sitting on the edge, splashing his sister and playing with some of the water toys, we had brought! Then, he slowly inched his way in, where the water was up to his ankles!! Then, slowly he waded out where the water touched his knees! As he was inching in closer to the middle of the pool, he somehow tripped and fell face first into the water!!! Being the somewhat overprotective momma that I can sometimes be, I JUMPED into the water FULLY clothed to rescue my son!!! :):) (Can you even imagine what a sight that was???? :)) As I reached him fully prepared to do CPR on him, (wink) he stood up and continued to play, TOTALLY unaware that I had jumped in to save him!! :):) LORD, HAVE MERCY! As I got out of the KIDDIE pool and noticed other momma's looking at me, I started to feel a bit embarrassed!! So, I finished up our swim sessions sitting by the kiddie pool watching my kiddos, keeping an eye on G and trying to dry out!! :):) Oh well, better be embarassed than have my little man drown! :):)

1 comment:

Libby said...

That is funny! But yes, better safe than sorry!