Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Lots of Change!!

Hello friends! I am sorry it has been so long since my last post! Things are quite different now then they were the last time I posted!! This has sure been a season of change for the Jenkins family!!

Our beautiful son was born on August 11th at 12:27 p.m. weighing in at 8 pounds and 13 ounces! He is so beautiful!! We enjoyed our time at the hospital while we were getting to know our son! We were blessed by many good friends and family that came to visit us to love on us and our new baby boy!!! Maddie and Grammy came everyday also, it was a lot of fun to introduce Maddie to her new brother!! At first she wasn't too sure, but now she adores him!! She holds her hands out when she wants to hold him, and she is always checking on him to make sure she knows exactly where he is!! It is pretty cute!! After 4 days at the hospital we were ready to come home!! It was a little overwhelming going home, but once we got here we were so happy!! We celebrated Zack's arrival that evening by going out to Cheddar's for family night that evening! We had lots of fun showing him off!!

Wyatt got to take 2 weeks off, so we enjoyed our time at home together!! It was such a huge blessing to have some really good family time, just the four of us!! I think we all needed it to make the adjustment, and I think it really worked! Maddie doesn't really act jealous at all of Zack! She loves him so much and wants to be a part of everything that we do for him!!! She thinks she is big enough to feed him his bottle, so we try to help her...it is pretty sweet!! Maddie is also saying new words and doing new things every day! She constantly amazes us!! Yesterday when Wyatt walked in the door from work, she looked up at him and said "Hi da-da!!!" We were blown away!! She is such a sweet, joyful little girl!! She loves to read and play and laugh!! She LOVES blowing bubbles with her Grammy!! She is our pride and joy!! We feel so blessed to have such precious babies!! God is so good!!

After Wyatt went back to work, my mom came to spend a week with us! It was such a fun week!! Not only was my mom here helping take care of us, making us breakfast and lunch and letting me nap during the day...Wyatt and I became an Aunt and Uncle for the first time!!!! My nephew was born in August 28th!! He is absolutely precious!! It is so much fun that my son and my nephew are only 2 weeks and 3 days part!! It has been so amazing watching my sister become a mommy!! She is wonderful, and her son is so handsome!! We have already had so many wonderful memories together!!! It is so cool to watch God work, I feel such peace about the fact that He knows what He is doing in our lives! It might not always be what we want, but He always works it out for the betterment of His Kingdom! He has shown me that in so many ways over the past few months!!! We PRAISE God for His abundant blessings!!

Last week we were able to go with Wyatt on a business trip!! He had to work, but the kiddos and I just got to hang out together!! I was a little nervous about having them both by myself, especially in a place I didn't know! But I decided that until I actually did it, then I would always be nervous! So we met Wyatt everyday for lunch, then we would do some kind of activity and spend the afternoon together in the hotel!! I was able to have good time with both kids together and individually! It was AWESOME!! We had so much fun together!!! It is neat to see already the differences in our son and daughter!! Zack is a snuggler and Maddie likes to get up and go!! :)

We have a busy fall planned with MOPs and play dates and get togethers with our Sunday school class, we are really looking forward to it!! We feel so blessed by all of the amazing friends God has placed in our lives!! I don't know what we would do without you guys!! Thanks for all of your encouragement and love!! We also feel so blessed by our families!! We are so entirely thankful!!! Hope you are all well!!!!

2 comments:

Paige Ferg said...

You and Wyatt are such great parents! You should really start trying for number 3 in like 4 months! lol Don't freak it was just a joke. I love you and miss you!

Katie said...

Yay for 2 sweet babies!!